This week on the Curiosity & Consciousness podcast, Aoife Reilly of Glasraí joins me.
Aoife and her husband Joe started Glasraí; a small certified organic farm on 7 acres in Hollymount, Co.Mayo.
They started out 7 years ago as just a family farm but today, Glasraí consists of an energetic collaboration of 6 passionate employees. They put massive thought, energy and love into what they grow, ensuring their plants are growing into supremely healthy food for nourishing the health of the community.
They farm with the earth as their core value and encourage a biodiverse, vibrant, healthy eco-system rather than a mono culture farm.
I loved this chat with Aoife. So much of what she shared about working with the land, observing nature, bringing balance back to the land etc, the same principles apply to us as well.
In this episode she talks about:
- Food being central to lifestyle
- Benefits of living close to the land
- Permission to do things differently
- Nature will always rebalance itself
- Soil health & supporting the microorganisms in the soil
- Crop rotation V’s monoculture
- Pressure from supermarkets
- Responsibility for what you put in your body
- Biodynamic preparation of the land
- Bigger holistic/energetic picture
- Tips to get started
- And much more
FYI they have weekly markets in Castlebar on Friday’s & Westport on Saturday’s or you can order items through their website.
Listen to the full episode on your platform of choice (some links below), and be sure to subscribe & share the podcast with others!
Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Acast, iHeart Radio, YouTube & Castbox or click play below.
Connect with Glasraí online: