Joining me this week on the Curiosity & Consciousness podcast, is Milagros Phillips.
Milagros, also known as ‘The Race Healer’, is a keynote speaker, TEDx presenter, four times author, and certified coach. She designs strategic learning programs for organistions seeking to enhance their Diversity Equity & Inclusion initiatives through race literacy. Her programs use history, science, research, and storytelling to create compelling, life-transforming experiences.
For more than 35 years Milagros has consulted, designed, and facilitated programs across many industries. She is an artist, a Reiki Master and Teacher, a Sound Therapist, Teacher of A Course in Miracles, and the creator of Race Demystified, a compassionate approach to healing from racial conditioning.
Her latest book, CRACKING THE HEALER’S CODE – A Prescription for Healing Racism & Finding Wholeness was released in August. Milagros is a recipient of the 2021 NEW THOUGHT WALDEN AWARD for Interfaith/Intercultural Understanding.
It was so lovely to connect with Milagros (whose name means miracles!) and talk about the racial conditioning that we’ve all been subjected to, as well as the topic of healing.
I feel we only skimmed the surface of this important topic, but as Milagros mentioned she holds a lot of hope for the future as people are willing to talk more about racism now and learn more about the history (whereas before it was very difficult to get people to talk about it).
In this episode she talks about:
- The calling she got aged 13 years old (after the death of Dr. Martin Luther King)
- Race literacy – what it means
- How racism impacts us all
- How the Irish weren’t seen as ‘white’ when they first got to America & the reason why they got their ‘place’ in society (and why that hasn’t happened for black, brown & indigenous people)
- Different perspectives on racism
- Laws from the 1400’s that are still in force today
- How racism affected her growing up
- What conditioning has done to us
- How we are to heal as a one global family
- And much more
Listen to the full episode on your platform of choice (some links below), and be sure to subscribe & share the podcast with others!
Connect with Milagros online: